Sandia National Laboratory
Consult on advanced control and energy storage architectures for microgrids.
1) Multiple Spinning Machines on a Single AC Bus – Finish the development of the Hamiltonian Surface Shaping Power Flow Controller (HSSPFC), controller design for multiple spinning machines on a single AC Bus.
2) Unstable Pulse Power Controller – Perform simulation studies on the unstable pulse power controller relative to the optimal feedforward (stable) controller for a single DC bus in order to determine the effectiveness of the unstable controller design relative to performance and stability.
Help characterize path forward for nonlinear control design.
1) Review dynamic programming interior point method (DPIP) for feedforward/optimal reference trajectory,
2) HSSPFC (Hamiltonian Surface Shaping Power Flow Controller (nonlinear dynamic structure for feedback),
3) Preliminary assessment of nonlinear wave model and impact on power absorbed.