Sandia National Labs
Statement of Work
NAVSEA/ Military microgrids
Using the HSSPFC (Hamiltonian Surface Shaping and Power Flow Control) derived MATLAB/Simulink
tools develop a Reduced Order Model (ROM) to support control designs for pulse load applications for i)
up to (3) key ship modes of a ship power system operation and ii) a stable and unstable modes of
switching operations as a part of a survivability scenario.
1. Provide ROM of meta-stable ship system.
2. Analyses and control design (feedforward and feedback) of meta-stable system.
3. Analyses and control design for multi-pulse load systems.
4. Analyses of the effects and potential benefits of non-linear magnetics in meta-stable system.
5. Develop and perform hardware testing on metastable laboratory benchtop system.
6. Develop networked Microgrid model for KIER/LUXCO scenario
Investigator: Wayne Weaver