Chee-Wooi Ten was born in Alor Setar, Malaysia. He received a BS and an MS in Electrical Engineering from Iowa State University, in Ames, in 1999 and 2001, respectively. Prior to completing his Master’s degree, he had a summer internship with MidAmerican in Des Moines, working as an energy management system (EMS) analyst. Ten was an Application Engineer with Siemens Energy Management and Information System (SEMIS) in Singapore from 2002 to 2006. He received a PhD in 2009 from University College Dublin (UCD), National University of Ireland. His primary research interests are (1) cybersecurity for power grids, and (2) software prototype and power-automation applications on SCADA systems. He has been with Michigan Tech as an Assistant Professor since January 2010.
Areas of Expertise
- Power Infrastructure Cybersecurity and Protection
- Resilience Assessment of Critical Infrastructure Interdependencies
- Future Control Center Framework
- SCADA/EMS/DMS Applications
- Power Systems Engineering